Reiki is a Japanese healing technique that promotes healing through relaxation and stress reduction. We all have an unseen life force energy (Chi, Ki, Prana) flowing through us and what causes us to be alive. If one's life force energy is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy.
Reiki is a hands-on healing modality discovered and passed on in the early 1900s by Dr. Mikao Usui. It has been effective in helping virtually every known illness and malady and always creates a beneficial effect. It also works in conjunction with all other medical or therapeutic techniques to relieve side effects and promote recovery. The word Reiki is made of two Japanese words - Rei which means "God's Wisdom or the Higher Power" and Ki which is "life force energy." Therefore, Reiki is actually "spiritually guided life force energy."
While Reiki is spiritual in nature, it is not a religion. It has no dogma, and there is nothing you must believe in order to learn and use Reiki. Because Reiki comes from a higher power/energy (God, Source, Creator, Spirit), many people find that using Reiki puts them more in touch with the experience of their religion rather than having only an intellectual concept of it.
Reiki offers personal transformation and holistic healing. It starts by giving you deep relaxation. As Reiki helps you heal, it removes stress and relieves pain. It helps you sort through emotional issues and creates spiritual clarity. Reiki used in conjunction with stones or crystals can help balance the whole chakra system and give it a boost of energy.
Reiki is a holistic healing system, it addresses the whole person:
- Physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual.
- Helps in relieving pain.
- Aids in healing every known physical and mental illness.
- Works on the symptoms and their deeper cause.
- Relieves stress and increases relaxation.
- Balances and harmonizes the function of glands and organs.
- Clears energy blockages and suppressed emotions.
- Balances the chakras and auric field.
- Works well with traditional medicine and improves its results.
- Provides limitless benefits of spiritual growth and increases intuition.
The benefits of Reiki are not limited to healing! Reiki can be used on situations, to achieve goals, to overcome obstacles. Its uses are endless!